This scope item provides the foundation to produce prebuilt finance analytics content using Core Data Services (CDS). Views help the customer understand business trends. A set of Key Performance Indicators allow for robust analytics on SAP S/4HANA data. This can incorporate Actual and Plan production costs associated with production orders and consumption for Strategic Analytics.
Custom Analytical Queries and Query Browser apps leverage the Core Data Services (CDS) views, which are annotated as consumption view.
Analytical capabilities help to manage manufacturing operations and plan the financial cost allocation across production units and work centers. You can optimize Plan-to-Produce across production units and optimize financial spend and manufacturing operations.
The production manager can compare between production cost of planning and execution, which covers all effort types plan costs, actual costs, target costs, control costs, and input/output variances.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Increase customer satisfaction by leveraging the extensibility functionality for better customization of CDS views
- Provide visibility of costs incurred during the Plan/Actual Production Cost area
- Determine standard cost in sales-order-related production with a valuated sales order stock using a predefined valuation strategy
- Collect actual costs during production on the order (product cost collector or manufacturing order)
- Build analytical use case in SAP Analytics Cloud based on SAP S/4HANA data
- Create analytical reports using view browser
- For analytical consumption, extend and create custom analytical query using CDS views annotated as consumption views
- Extend and create custom CDS views using these consumption views
- Compare between production cost of planning and execution, covering all effort types plan costs, actual costs, target costs, control costs, and input/output variances
- Analyze strategically using on-line connection and generate Live model on the CDS views
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1902
Where is Analytics for Production Unit – Plan/Actual Production Cost(2QW) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
No Process Flow details available for scope item Analytics for Production Unit – Plan/Actual Production Cost(2QW)-S4H-OP-2009
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts