This scope item covers the change-master-controlled updates of a Manufacturing BOM that is used for the production process of components.
The change-number-controlled approach allows date-effectivity-based attributes management on the Manufacturing BOM (MBOM) header level and the Bill of Materials (BOM) items level. Setting the change number status to inactive releases the scope per change number. Once the status becomes inactive, changes are no longer possible. The MBOM header and items can only be changed with a new active change number. The change iteration process starts and ends again with setting the change number status to inactive.
The change-number-controlled update process is followed by the production process which uses the recently updated MBOM.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create change master
- Change change master
- Exchange a material or component in MBOM
- Create production order manually
- Control updates in bill of materials for production centrally with change master
- Manage effective changed day in change master
Where is Change Manufacturing Bill of Material for Production(3LO) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Engineering within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
No Process Flow details available for scope item Change Manufacturing Bill of Material for Production(3LO)-S4H-OP-2009
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts