Customers want to have a way to use Variant Configuration and show the component as sales kits (SET) during order taking and follow-up processes.
The configurable material is defined as a SET material. In this process, a sales order is created with an individual configuration for a robot bundle. This is captured by defining the different component characteristics desired by the customers and considering the constraints and dependencies of the components. The sales price calculation is then based on the individually chosen characteristics of the components. The sales order is considered for production planning when doing the materials requirements planning (MRP). The production execution for the individual robot bundle takes place before delivering it to the customer. The process finishes with the billing to the customer.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create a customer sales order
- Show the variant configurable materials in the sales order (as sales BOM)
- Calculate sales prices based on the customer chosen characteristics of the configurable product
- Execute the Make-to-Order production of the robot bundle ordered by the customer with routings according to the configuration
- Improve your company’s sales and manufacturing performance with sales kits that cover integrated advanced variant configuration
- Enable your business processes to handle highly individualized products in sales and manufacturing
- Leverage the sophisticated algorithms in the performance-optimized rules engine within a state-of-the-art configurator
- Use dependencies to prevent combinations of options that aren’t allowed and that can be used to select exactly the right components
- Get sales pricing and print-out according to the configuration
Where is Make-to-Order Production for Sales Kits with Variant Configuration(4OC) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Make-to-Order Production for Sales Kits with Variant Configuration (4OC)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Make-to-Order Production for Sales Kits with Variant Configuration as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts