This scope item enables production planning in make-to-stock scenarios and quick reactions to incoming sales orders. The focus is on process manufacturing (for example, supported through process orders or batch management).
The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished goods represented by planned independent requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished goods, semifinished components, and raw materials. Production planners can analyze and change the planned-order-based production plan manually.
Raw material demand leads to purchase requisitions that trigger alternative procurement scenarios referenced in this scope item.
The production process itself is entirely covered via conversion of planned into process orders, order release, direct material issue or backflush, confirmation of operations and goods receipt posting. Order-based target and actual costs are created, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Process planned independent requirements
- Perform material requirements planning and evaluation of stock requirement list
- Create process order, material staging, order confirmation, material movement postings for goods issue and goods receipt in production order processing
- Run scrap reports optionally after production
- Support of management of batch-oriented process manufacturing
- Order-based target and actual costs management, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams
Where is Make-to-Stock – Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order(BJ8) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
- As a core function of Production Planning within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Make-to-Stock – Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order (BJ8)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Make-to-Stock – Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts