This scope item focuses on process manufacturing with more complex parameters compared to the Make-to-Stock – Process Manufacturing Based on Process Order (BJ8) scope item. It enables production planning in make-to-stock scenarios with silo materials and phantom assemblies. Silo materials are generally stored in big silos or tanks. The silos are modeled as separate storage locations.
The process starts with the creation of a demand forecast for finished goods represented by Planned Independent Requirements (PIRs). Based on PIRs, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) creates a production plan for finished goods, semi-finished components, and raw materials.
The production process itself is entirely covered via conversion of planned into process orders, direct material issue or backflush, confirmation of operations and goods receipt posting. Order-based target and actual costs are created, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Use planned independent requirements processing
- Use material requirements planning and evaluation of stock requirement list
- Create process order, material staging, order confirmation, material movement postings for goods issue and goods receipt in production order processing
- Run scrap reports optionally after production
- Support management of batch-oriented process manufacturing with silo materials and phantom assemblies
- Use order-based target and actual costs management, ensuring fully integrated material and value streams
Where is Make-to-Stock with Silo Material – Process Manufacturing(3UL) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Make-to-Stock with Silo Material – Process Manufacturing (3UL)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Make-to-Stock with Silo Material – Process Manufacturing as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts