This scope item supports both Discrete and Process Manufacturing capacity leveling functionality for their demands. You can determine the industry type and displayed data under the app settings. The process of production capacity leveling represents a central part of preparation for the manufacturing process of components.
After you forecast a demand for finished goods represented by Planned Independent Requirements (PIR) and the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) run created a production plan, the process of capacity leveling (scheduling) takes place.
This process enables production planners to assign orders and operations from the production plan to available timeslots of capacities. Additionally, the planners can simulate and choose other alternatives for production by assigning other available production versions, letting the planners schedule the best option for their manufacturing.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Dispatch production order or process order
- Change production version
- Dispatch orders to available time slots of work centers or resources
- Redispatch to alternative production versions
Where is Production Capacity Leveling(3LQ) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Planning within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Production Capacity Leveling (3LQ)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Production Capacity Leveling as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts