SAP’s manufacturing solution for discrete industries enables a fully integrated production process from top floor to the shop floor.
Production Operations with SAP Manufacturing Execution can orchestrate highly automated production processes enabling product variants with a lot size of one. Variants and their production sequence can be changed automatically, quickly, and easily. The solution also offers real-time transparency of production operations and KPIs plus complete traceability based on as-built records.
Production Operations with SAP Manufacturing Execution reflects SAP’s roadmap to get connected with the future of Discrete Manufacturing. It allows very low production volumes while still making a profit, providing state-of-the-art production execution and insights to action in real-time.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Connect between business processes and machines
- Standardize processes across plants and paper-based tracking systems
- Get accurate end-to-end product traceability information
- Use best practices for leveraging Big Data to gain real-time visibility into operations
- Enable better predictive maintenance
- Address individual customer requirements with real-time lot size of one production in high-volume production scenarios
- Integrate top floor to the shop floor (and the other way around) to minimize disruption including machine integration into production cycle
- Simplify and minimize manual interaction
- Allow data capture from the source
- Enable discrete and process manufacturing
- Gain new insights into the shop floor based on trends and prediction with SAP S/4HANA capabilities
Where is Production Operations with SAP Manufacturing Execution(2JN) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Production Operations with SAP Manufacturing Execution (2JN)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Production Operations with SAP Manufacturing Execution as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts