This scope item focuses on rework activities and material postings after production execution for the original material (including goods receipt for the product), with an additional rework production order. Issues with the produced material are monitored after it is posted to inventory.
The rework process of stock-manufactured materials begins with the creation of a new production order. This is done using the material to be reworked as both input and output.
Costs are listed in the new production order, and are settled within controlling as production variants. The input component and product have the same material number.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create rework production order
- Release rework production order
- Issue goods for defective material including printing preview
- Confirm rework production activities
- Post goods receipt for rework production order incl. printing preview
- Show transparent costs for rework activities
- Use all standard shop-floor control functionalities
- Improve usability with intuitive confirmation of production operations
Where is Rework Processing – Stock-Manufactured Material(BJN) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Production Operations within Manufacturing Scope Item Group
Process flow of Rework Processing – Stock-Manufactured Material (BJN)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Rework Processing – Stock-Manufactured Material as it is defined for release S4H-OP-2009.
Ref: Manufacturing of S4H-OP-2009
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts