Applications (such as Time Recording for EPPM or Services) can create cross-company cost accounting documents. Additionally, cross-company cost accounting documents can be created manually in Controlling with the Manage Direct Activity Allocation app. For these FI documents, you must still create legal invoices, including tax. Based on resource-related intercompany billing functionality, you can create the necessary customer invoices with the affiliated company as customer. After the invoices are created, the system can automatically create mirroring accounts payable documents in the receiving affiliated company.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create an intercompany sales order in the affiliated cost sending company where the customer represents the affiliated cost receiving company
- Create a debit memo request for cross-company cost accounting postings in the affiliated cost sending company
- Create a customer invoice in the affiliated cost sending company
- Create an accounts payable document in the affiliated cost receiving company
- Enable an automated and integrated process of intercompany billing for cross-company cost accounting postings
- This scope item is excluded from the default activation
This scope item requires additional manual set-up steps. If you request this scope item, see the set-up instructions in the SAP Best Practices Explorer.
Where is Intercompany Billing for Cross-Company Cost Accounting Postings(4AN) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of General within Professional Services Scope Item Group
Process flow of Intercompany Billing for Cross-Company Cost Accounting Postings (4AN)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Intercompany Billing for Cross-Company Cost Accounting Postings as it is defined for release s4hc-2108.
Ref: Professional Services of SAP S4HC-2108
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts
Visit also the SAP Cloud ERP knowledge center of Scheer Netherlands. The following topics are covered: