This scope item realizes an alternative way to bill customer projects in Project-Based Services. It currently supports the billing on a fixed-price or time and expense basis, including account payments. Additionally, you can write off or postpone the recorded amounts or quantities.
This scope item is not yet a full replacement of the existing billing process achieved through the Release Billing Proposals app. A decision point for using this new or the existing billing process is made at the customer project header level.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Manage Project Billing Requests
- Create Billing Document Requests
- Reduce time to bill for a project billing manager or billing team
- Report and track different financial values that are relevant for billing
- Write off or postpone the recorded amounts or quantities
- Enable flexible material determination so that new activity types and sales materials can be defined
Where is Project Billing – Project-Based Services(4E9) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of General within Professional Services Scope Item Group
Process flow of Project Billing – Project-Based Services (4E9)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Project Billing – Project-Based Services as it is defined for release s4hc-2108.
Ref: Professional Services of SAP S4HC-2108
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts
Visit also the SAP Cloud ERP knowledge center of Scheer Netherlands. The following topics are covered: