Sales Order Processing – Project-Based Services describes the entire process sequence for the sales order maintenance and the billing process within the project-based services scenario. It includes the billing subprocesses and encompasses the creation of billing documents (invoices), credit memos, manual credit memo requests, and manual debit memo requests.
In the invoicing subprocess, the leading customer project management process triggers the creation of a debit memo request, which is transformed into a customer invoice.
In the credit memo subprocess, a credit memo is created with reference to an existing customer invoice.
In the manual debit memo subprocess, a debit memo request is created manually and then sent to billing where a corresponding customer invoice is created.
Finally, these processes transfer to the Accounts Receivable process.
Key Process Steps Covered
Create billing documents:
- Create customer invoices and journal entry
Create credit memo:
- Create credit memo with reference to customer invoice and journal entry
Create manual debit memo request:
- Create manual debit memo request
- Create customer invoice with reference to debit memo request and journal entry
Create manual credit memo request:
- Create manual credit memo request
- Create credit memo
- Streamline sales order processing for project-based services scenario
- Control comprehensive billing subprocesses: Billing, Credit Memo, and Manual Debit Memo Request
Where is Sales Order Processing – Project-Based Services(J14) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of General within Professional Services Scope Item Group
Process flow of Sales Order Processing – Project-Based Services (J14)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Sales Order Processing – Project-Based Services as it is defined for release s4hc-2108.
Ref: Professional Services of SAP S4HC-2108
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts
Visit also the SAP Cloud ERP knowledge center of Scheer Netherlands. The following topics are covered: