This scope item describes end-to-end business scenarios between SAP S/4HANA Cloud service order processing and SAP Field Service Management.
Once a service order is created and released in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, a corresponding service call is created in SAP Field Service Management. An activity is created for each service item in the service order, and spare part items are replicated as reserved materials.
An activity is assigned to a technician on the Planning Board in SAP Field Service Management. When the activity is released, the technician is automatically updated in the corresponding service order item in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
When confirmations such as efforts, expenses, or materials are approved in SAP Field Service Management, a service confirmation is created and automatically completed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Key Process Steps Covered
- Create service order in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and release it to SAP Field Service Management
- Update service order in SAP S/4HANA Cloud when service call or activity is updated in SAP Field Service Management (including planned start and end date, and executing service employee)
- Rerelease service orders after changes from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP Field Service Management
- Create a completed service confirmation in SAP S/4HANA Cloud when efforts, expenses, and spare parts are approved in SAP Field Service Management
- Support unplanned effort, expense, and material confirmations from a service technician on a service activity
- Handle reassignment of service technician in SAP Field Service Management and update of the same on service order item level
- Handle duplicate activities in SAP Field Service Management and update of the same on service order item level
- Complete a service order in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and technically complete the corresponding service call in SAP Field Service Management
- Assign attachment to the service call or activity in the SAP Field Service Management system and replicate it to the corresponding service order (item) in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Update Service Call ID and Activity ID in Service Order Transaction History after replication
- Optimize your field service processes with SAP S/4HANA Cloud service order processing integration
- Ensure a seamless, fast, and flexible delivery of field services
- Provide more efficient customer services
- This scope item is excluded from the default activation
To use this scope item, you require an additional license to use SAP Field Service Management.
Where is Service Order Processing with SAP Field Service Management(49X) being used?
This Scope item is used in the following way:
- As a core function of Service Operations & Processes within Service Scope Item Group
Process flow of Service Order Processing with SAP Field Service Management (49X)
Find below the process flow of the scope item Service Order Processing with SAP Field Service Management as it is defined for release s4hc-2108.
Ref: Service of SAP S4HC-2108
Best Practices related to S/4HANA
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA On Premise *1
- Best Practices of SAP S/4HANA Cloud *2
- Best Practices of SAP Analytics Cloud *2
- Best Practices of Robotics Process Automation(RPA) with SAP Leonardo *2
*1) Yearly Updates are released per September of each year
*2) The Quarterly updates are released per Februari, May, August and November
Details of future releases can be found in the SAP Roadmap section of each product. Go to SAP Roadmap Product Finder.
Knowledge Center Scheer Nederland | The Process Experts
Visit also the SAP Cloud ERP knowledge center of Scheer Netherlands. The following topics are covered: